Our People Diversity and Inclusion
Packaging Technology Specialist
Date: Jan 14, 2024
Location: Sassenheim, NL
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities - and the environment - are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. We're active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from a pioneering paints company that's committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
• Manage and ensure we have pack formats in the portfolio which are fit for purpose
• Manage and ensure the formats can run on the filling lines able to meet line performance and meeting product quality standards incl. secondary and tertiary packaging
• Drive harmonization of packaging portfolio across the region
• Manage and resolve issues related to packaging when escalated by the sites, customer complaints, etc.
• Ensure security of supply
• Propose and deliver solutions to establish best practices in the region
• Build knowledge and experience and establish best practice to be able to serve as "champion" in the packaging area.
• Manage & deliver best packaging solutions across the region and BU's of harmonized packs, resulting in required product quality fit for purpose, ensuring production and distribution throughout the supply chain.
• Managing the packaging portfolio with commercial, procurement,manufacturing and suppliers
• Drive harmonization and standardization of packaging portfolio working with all relevant functions considering business requirements
• Manage packaging quality by working with suppliers, procurement, manufacturing, distribution and commercial on basis of specifications.Arrange and coordinate compatibility tests and trials for products and packs.
• Provide 2nd line technical support, working with local packaging technologists, when issues arise and liaise with relevant functions and suppliers and perform root cause analyses and provide solutions.
• Ensure packs meet sustainability standards and requirements
• Drive for VE/cost savings related to the packaging portfolio
• Lead projects within own discipline and/or participates in relevant projects
• Understand relevant manufacturing capabilities and requirements for filling and packaging lines (incl. artwork & secondary packaging) .
• Manage packaging improvements driving operational excellence resulting in production at lowest cost and across sites
• Master data maintenance according standard formats and guidelines
What do you bring?
• Technical engineering degree BSc/MSc or equivalent
• At least 5 years relevant packaging experience working in a manufacturing environment, with a packaging supplier, packaging procurement or relevant R&D.
• Experience with managing and deploying, preferably, metal (cans, drums,etc) or plastic packaging formats (pails,buckets,tubes,etc) in production and distribution (incl. E commerce).
• Preferred knowledge of 1 - 2 engineering disciplines (e.g. Chemical, Mechanical) and has affinity for related disciplines
• Understands implications around sustainability and compliance regulations on packaging
• Experience with quality management addressing quality issues with suppliers, organization
• Selfstarter with strong organizational skills and structured approach
• Cross functional mindset with ability to work with various functions ie. Marketing, R&D, Procurement, suppliers, etc.
• Project management experience and capabilities to lead a project
• Having worked in a multinational environment with sensitivity to different cultural behaviours
• Working at a regional level supporting more sites and willing to travel
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent in English
What does AkzoNobel offer?
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands.
You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability.
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact.
We also offer comprehensive packages including:
• Competitive Salary
• STI Bonus
• 46 Days' vacation
• Hybrid working
• AkzoNobel pension plan
• Home to work allowance or public transport card
• Access to a range of amazing benefits
|specialist packaging technology
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met AKZO Nobel via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.
Deel de vacature:
Leuk dat je een van de recent geplaatste vacatures hebt geopend via de kaagkrant. Hopelijk vind je een baan die bij je past en waar je gelukkig van wordt!