Functional Application Specialist
Date: Jan 9, 2024
Location: Sassenheim, NL
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities - and the environment - are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. We're active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from a pioneering paints company that's committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Within the Global R&D Informatics Team, the Formulating Team provides technical support for the applications used in the management of formulas and raw materials worldwide. Within this team, your mission is to play a central and networked role by supporting the R&D and PSRA functions in the operation of these software. You provide support to key-users and end-users worldwide, you support deployment and continuous improvement projects in data extraction, translation, and load operations. You enjoy solving problems while performing as a team player in an enthusiastic and cooperative team.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile? If you offer all this and more, we invite you to apply for the role of Functional Application Specialist.
Expert support: advice, data analysis, ETL
• Provide expert support to the global R&D community in their usage of the information systems and collaborate with partners in their data and analytical needs.
• Deliver informatics advice, extraction of relevant data (queries), translation operations, and data validation and load (ETL)
• Maintain data & systems and ensure their integrity and availability by highlighting issues and potential solutions in timely manner.
• Identify and resolve issues due to the changing business environment and raising those issues to the attention of the management of the Department.
• Contributes to preparation of procedural guidance, training material and courses for a multi-disciplinary community.
• Supports projects which look to change, introduce or remove information systems and/or processes from our platform.
• Make work-plans (requirements in cooperation with stakeholders), focusing on own tasks, providing estimates on timing and resource.
• Produces memoranda of project results and presentations
What do you bring?
• HBO/BSC/MSC in a technical discipline, preferably chemistry.
• Background in paints and coatings or other formulating industry beneficial, 3 years of experience in a data intensive environment and interest in research & development.
• Excellent insight in numbers and (numerical) data
• Good understanding of MS Office, especially Excel
• Understanding of the information processes that support businesses.
• Familiarity with concepts of database design and maintenance.
• Interest in information science, application development or programming.
• An analytical mind-set combined with a problem solving/proactive attitude, self-starting personality, and excellent communication skills.
• Accuracy, influencing, interpersonal, presentation, planning & time management.
• Team player
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met AKZO Nobel via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.
Deel de vacature:
Leuk dat je een van de recent geplaatste vacatures hebt geopend via de kaagkrant. Hopelijk vind je een baan die bij je past en waar je gelukkig van wordt!